The following terms and conditions, together with any other terms, conditions, rules, or guidelines posted within the PHILTRA Site or incorporated by reference, govern your membership with PHILTRA.
By clicking to accept or agree when this option is made available to you, you accept and agree to be bound and abide by these Membership Terms and Conditions herein incorporated by reference.
I. Eligibility Criteria:
- Age: Individuals must be 18 years of age or older to be eligible for membership. Those who wishes to join but are under 18 years of age must submit a parental consent to email@example.com.
- Skill Level: Membership is open to individuals of all skill levels, including those with experience, amateur, or professional status. Whether you are a seasoned trail runner or just starting out, you are welcome to join.
- Location: Membership is open to individuals residing in the Philippines or abroad. Regardless of your nationality, you can become a member of the association.
- Adherence to Rules and Regulations: All members must agree to abide by the rules and regulations set forth by the Philippine Trail Running Association Inc.
II. Application Process:
- Application Form: Prospective members are required to complete and submit an official membership application form provided by the association. The form will be made available through the association’s website or other designated channels.
- Application Submission: The completed application form must be submitted according to the instructions outlined by the association. This may include submitting the form online or sending it via mail to the association’s designated address.
- Membership Fees: For the time being, the membership fee will not be collected. Instead, it will be determined by the board and approved by the members in accordance with the bylaws.
III. Membership Categories:
- Athletes: This category includes individuals who actively participate in trail running events as athletes.
- Teams: Entities such as clubs, teams, or institutions involved in trail running are welcome to become members in this category.
- Coaches: Individuals engaged in coaching or training trail running athletes are eligible for membership in this category.
- Organizers: Individuals responsible for organizing trail running events can join as members in this category.
IV. Rights and Privileges:
Members of the Philippine Trail Running Association Inc. are entitled to the following rights and privileges:
- Philtra ID: Members can receive a valid Philippine Trail Running Association Inc. (Philtra) virtual identification card, which can be presented to receive discounts granted by race organizers, brands, stores, and other Philtra partners.
- ITRA Membership: Members who hold a valid International Trail Running Association (ITRA) membership may be eligible for further discounts on race registration fees.
- Insurance: Members may have access to discounted insurance coverage specifically tailored for trail running activities. For organizers, discounted insurance coverage for their trail running events is also available. Ideally, the insurance will cover both medical and emergency benefits during a race.
- Discounted Merchandise: Members can enjoy discounts on trail running merchandise or equipment from selected partners or sponsors.
- Voting Rights in Association Matters: Members have the right to vote in the association’s general meetings or elections, as outlined in the association’s bylaws.
- Participation in Association Activities: Members are encouraged to participate in various activities organized by the association, including training sessions, workshops, seminars, and races, and volunteer as crew in races.
- Access to Training or Educational Programs: Members have priority access to training sessions, workshops, seminars, or other educational programs organized by the association, aimed at enhancing their trail running skills and knowledge.
- Eligibility for Association Awards or Race Fees: Members may be considered for awards, recognition, or race allowances offered by the association, based on their performance and participation.
- Member-Exclusive Benefits: Members may receive exclusive benefits, such as special discounts on races, merchandise, equipment, or services related to trail running.
- Group Runs: Members can participate in organized group runs or training sessions facilitated by the association, fostering camaraderie and shared experiences within the trail running community.
- First Aid Education: Members may have opportunities to receive training or education in first aid related to trail running activities, ensuring a safer running experience.
V. Obligations and Responsibilities:
- Adherence to Code of Conduct: Members must adhere to the association’s code of conduct, promoting ethical behavior, respect, and fair play both during trail running events and within the running community at large.
- Compliance with Rules and Regulations: Members are expected to comply with the rules and regulations established by the association for trail running activities. This includes following race protocols, safety guidelines, and any other rules set forth by the association.
- Payment of Membership Dues or Fees: Once the board allows collection of membership fees, members are responsible for paying their annual membership dues or fees within the specified timeframe. Failure to do so may result in membership termination or suspension.
- Environmental Stewardship: Since trail running frequently takes place in natural settings, it’s vital to underscore the members’ duty to protect the environment and promote sustainability.
- Active Participation: Members are encouraged to actively participate in association events, initiatives, or programs whenever possible. Their involvement and engagement contribute to the growth and development of the trail running community.
- Positive Representation: Members should represent the association in a positive manner, demonstrating good sportsmanship and respect for fellow members, race officials, and the running community as a whole.
VI. Suspension, Termination, and Reinstatement:
Membership termination or suspension may occur due to the following reasons:
- Violations of Association Rules: Members found to be in violation of the association’s rules and regulations may face disciplinary action, which can include termination or suspension of their membership.
- Misconduct: Members engaging in any form of misconduct or behavior deemed detrimental to the association’s reputation or the well-being of fellow members may face disciplinary action.
- Failure to Meet Obligations: Members failing to meet their financial obligations, such as non-payment of membership dues or fees, may face termination or suspension.
- Other Reasons: Additional reasons for termination or suspension may be specified in the association’s bylaws or policies, ensuring a fair and transparent process.
- Reinstatement: Members seeking reinstatement must submit a written application to the Board. Upon receipt of the reinstatement application, the Board will issue its decision within 30 days.
VII. Appeals and Grievance Procedures:
- Member Disagreements: Should a member contest a decision made by the association or its governing body, a grievance procedure will be initiated. All concerned parties have 30 days to present their position, after which the Board will render a decision within the subsequent 30 days.
- Complaints: Members who wish to lodge a complaint against another member, an association official, or any affiliated entity can submit their grievance to the board. Following a dispute resolution process, both parties will be given the chance to present their perspectives. A neutral member of the organization, appointed by the Board, will then make a decision. This procedure guarantees that members can voice their concerns and have them duly addressed, with a decision reached within 30 days.
VIII. Limitation on Liability
- Limitation of Liability for Trail Running Races
Acknowledgment of Risks: Members acknowledge that trail running races are inherently dangerous activities that involve risks and dangers, both known and unknown, including but not limited to physical injury, death, and property damage. A member voluntarily assumes all risks associated with participating in any trail running races organized, promoted, or supported by a race organizer. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, PHILTRA, its officers, directors, employees, agents, and representatives shall not be liable for any loss, injury, claim, liability, or damage of any kind resulting in any way from:
a. The Participant’s involvement in any trail running races;
b. Any conditions, limitations, or restrictions placed upon or noted in relation to the trail running races;
c. Any failure on the part of the organizer to organize, supervise, or conduct the trail running races.
- Limitation of Liability for Website Information
The information provided on PHILTRA is for general informational purposes only. While the organization strives to keep the information up-to-date and accurate, the organization makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability, or availability of the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose.
To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, PHILTRA shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential, or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data, or other intangible losses, resulting from:
a. The use or inability to use the website;
b. Any unauthorized access to or use of our servers and/or any personal information stored therein;
c. Any errors or omissions in any content or information, or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any content or information posted, emailed, transmitted, or otherwise made available via the website.
These membership terms and conditions aim to provide a comprehensive framework for individuals interested in joining the Philippine Trail Running Association Inc. By outlining the rights, privileges, obligations, and responsibilities associated with membership, the association seeks to create an inclusive and supportive community of trail runners, coaches, organizers, and organizations passionate about the sport.