The PHILTRA Championship- Series hosting per region/province shall be awarded to high quality mountain, ultra and trail running race organizer. This should be held in a major city within the region and there should be a minimum two events per region.
Distances range from 10 km to 42K mountain running championships.
All event organizers of existing or planned events are welcome to submit their applications.
The PHILTRA Executive Committee will choose and approve the event which will be part of the series. Unless there will be any concern on the staging of the event, this shall be valid for 2 years.
All applicants will automatically be a PHILTRA-recognized event.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR MEMBERS OF THE SERIES
- Provide championship and ranking points to event participants for elite, age-group and U-20
- Host Batang Philtra as a priority host for the location.
- Provide assistance in implementation of trail running standards to ensure safety of the event if needed
- Provide promotions of the event through PHILTRA
- Assist with event sponsors to secure additional revenues where appropriate and if needed,
- Negotiate contracts collectively where necessary to protect your interests and ours, and provide additional services to the event from local Associations if needed and requested.
- Philtra has a national network of athletes, coaches, officials, and supporters, and they can provide invaluable assistance to ensure the success of your event.
The event submitted will be rated as follows during the selection process.
+5 for compliance, -1 for any noted deficiency.
EXPERIENCE: Experience in staging major athletic competitions or other events or as part of the organizing team of previous events.
TEAM. An organizational chart of the proposed management team The team should have good standing record with the community, high level of ethics and have good moral conduct displayed in the community.
CITY & COMMUNITY The city and community should be firmly behind the organizer. There should be no record of complains or issues from the community in events previously handled. The organizer should present the community coordination or collaboration plan to be able to: 1)provide economic opportunity and 2) compliance with local protocols (i.e., indigenous practices)
ROUTE: A proposed course map. At least one of the course measurers must be on site for competition to ensure the course is set properly.
VENUE. The venue should have established transport system and access to hotel/homestay and food supplies. If none, organizer should have the capacity to facilitate travel to/from the event venue.
SECURITY PLAN AND MEDICAL SERVICES PLAN. The event should have an established security plan and emergency medical services plan if needed.
1. TOTAL POSSIBLE POINTS 50%
- EXPERIENCE 10
- TEAM 8
- CITY AND COMMUNITY 8
- ROUTE - MAPPING, MARKING,MARSHALING 8
- ACTIVITY VENUE 6
- SECURITY AND MEDICAL SERVICES PLAN 10
2. VOTE FROM TRUSTEES 50%
DETAILS TO SUBMIT:
- NATURE OF EVENT
- NAME OF ORGANIZER:
- REGISTERED NAME
- MEMBERS OF ORGANIZING TEAM AND POSITION
- BUDGET (Optional)
- NUMBER OF TARGET PARTICIPANT
- LIST OF PREVIOUS EVENTS HANDLED. Pls indicate Name and Date
- HOW WILL YOUR EVENT CONTRIBUTE TO THE COMMUNITY?
- PLS STATE IF THERE ARE ANY PENDING ISSUES WITH LGU OR LOCAL COMMUNITY FROM PREVIOUS EVENTS
- ATTACH ROUTE MAP
- INIDICATE VENUE AND ACTIVITY AREA
- ACCESS: Pls state if there are available transpo, accommodations and food in the location
- SECURITY AND MEDICAL PLAN Pls state or attach your existing security and medical plan.
EVENT ORGANIZER WHO HAVE HOSTED QUALIFYING EVENT WILL BE:
- Priority to host for 3 years in their region unless the event have failed to deliver the expectations set as a PHILTRA Qualifier event.
- Option to bid to host the PHILTRA Championship provided event is to be moved to end of year of 1st quarter of the following year
- Event should signify intent to host for the following year by November.
PHILTRA CHAMPIONSHIP LEGS 2023
The Philippine Trail Running Championship Series will be held in Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. These are high quality mountain races with distances of 42k and shorter distances of 21 and/or 10K. The event provide championship and ranking points to event participants.
Points shall be awarded to the top 5 per qualifying race joined for long and top 3 for short during the Philtra Championship Series:
- Long Distance Points
- Short Distance Points
- Points shall be cumulative and shall be computed after the last leg to determine the PHILTRA Championship participants. Top 3 results will be considered.*edit for 2023, top 2 points will be counted as announced on 9/1
- Points may be given for official events of the National Team outside the Philippines where the athletes have represented the Philippines.
- Non-resident who failed to join any qualifying event may send a request to join the Championships if ITRA points is at Men-750+, Women-650+. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- The PHILTRA Championships shall be held every end of the year or at the latest, the first quarter of the year of the following year. Points for the championships will start at 300 points for the champion.
- Championship awards shall include top 5 overall men & women and top 3 men & women per Age Group.
- Athletes will be selected to the team based on the order of the criteria below until all the team spots are filled.
- Automatic selection will be given to male and female athletes who finished in the top 50 in their category of the WORLD MOUNTAIN TRAIL RUNNING CHAMPIONSHIPS and has achieved the minimum qualifying time standards indicated above.
- PHILTRA Board has the discretion to include an athlete in the roster of the National Team provided that athlete joined the National Champs
- PHILTRA Board has the final decision on who to include in the National Team in case of tie in the points gathered.
- PHILTRA Board has the sole decision as to the number of athletes and eligibility requirements for the National Team.
Exception notes for 2022-2023 given the shorter qualifying period.
- If the first qualified athlete declines the position, the next ranked athlete will be qualified provided they meet the minimum qualification above.
- Athletes who are in the top rank after the second leg of each championship series will be part of an athlete Group Communications Chat group for their regular updates.
- Athletes who will be in the top 5 of the ranking by December 2022 will be provided training support starting January 2023 until the final selection is made in March 2023.
PHILTRA Trustees may make amendments which will be announced publicly via our social media channels.
- For 2022, Athletes who want to qualify only need to join at least 1 qualifying and the National Championships in February 2023 (next year cumulative point system shall be applied). Athletes who are unable to participate for 2022-2023 may be invited based on their ITRA points or their race performances. If you are interested, please email us at email@example.com]
Standards for the Philippine Trail Running Team
The following guidelines outline the standards for consideration for the members of the PHILIPPINE TRAIL RUNNING TEAM:
- Eligibility: To be eligible, runners must be citizens of the Republic of the Philippines and current PHILTRA members (excluding 2022-2023).
- Selection: National teams will be selected annually through the Philtra Championships Series. The selection guidelines will be released at the start of each year. Runners who meet the eligibility requirements and are selected to the team will be eligible for one year.
- Training and preparation: National team members will undergo an intensive training program to prepare for any local and international competitions. Team members are expected to work closely with designated coaches and the team manager.
- Competition: National teams represent the Philippines in international competitions such as the World Championships and other local and international competitions. The selection of athletes who will represent the Philippines will be based on their current performance and the nature of the competition.
- Benefits: National team members are beneficiaries of PHILTRA. PHILTRA will discuss with the team members on an annual basis. This will be based on the PHILTRA Athlete fund available. All National Team members will get ITRA Membership and insurance and free entries to three qualifying races.
- Code of conduct: National team athletes are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner both on and off the field. This includes following team rules and regulations, maintaining high levels of fitness and health, and showing respect to teammates, competitors, and officials.
- Representation of the Association: National team athletes are ambassadors for PHILTRA, an affiliate member of PATAFA, the recognized National Sports Association of the World Athletics and the Philippine Sports Commission. As athletes, they are expected to represent PHILTRA with mutual respect and dignity, while maintaining open communication with PHILTRA officers.
- Representation of the country: National team athletes are ambassadors for the Philippines and are expected to represent the country with pride and dignity. They should show respect for the national flag and anthem and behave in a way that reflects positively on the Philippines.
PARTICIPANTS OF LONG AND SHORT TRAIL WHO WILL NOT BE RANKED FOR THE ELITE COMPUTATIONS WILL EARN POINTS UNDER THE AG RANKING POINT SYSTEMS AS FOLLOWS.
|Event Distance||Maximum Points||Minimum Points||Rate of Decline*||Time to Floor**|
|LONG||1000||100||10 points / 5minutes gap||7.5H|
|SHORT||600||50||10 points / 5minutes gap||4.5H|
|U-20||300||30||10 points / 5minutes gap||2H|
It is the athletes' responsibility to ensure that their correct details - Name and Age are entered during the registration.